Restore Stone Patios Purpose by Masonry Contractors Toronto
Meant to last lifetime, a natural stone patio will add beauty and value to your home but will require very little regular maintenance. Although it will look good with hardly any effort, your stone patio will need an occasional cleaning. Children’s craft projects, barbecue spills, other damages and even daily dirt blew in the air can add up to a dirty, stained-moldy stone surface.
We have the solution to your stone problems and as from the masonry contractors Toronto scene, you came to the right place.
- Inspect the patio stones sink from the unstable (soft) ground, normally caused by improper drainage.
- Look for cracks between paving stones
- stone or other types of masonry patios need to be cleaned and sealed every 2-5 years
- Assess the surface of your natural stone walkway to determine its type of stains. Any stones laid outdoors need to be swept and washed, but you may find dripped grease or smoke stains under a fire pit or barbecue grill, or other evidence of rough use.
- Sweep the walkway entire surface, removing loose sand, leaves, gravel and other debris. Sweep the entire surface in one direction horizontally, and sweep again vertically. That technique ensures you remove dirt that falls in the cracks between the stones.
- You will need to spray the surface of the stones with clean water from a hose. The water will remove surface dust and dirt that remains after sweeping.
- Grease stains, including those that dropped from a barbecue grill will be removed by scrubbing them with a gentle, household, liquid detergent, such as dish soap. Squirt the detergent over a stain on the stone, and scrub the stone with a scrub brush.
- If the detergent fails to clean the grease stain, then rinse the surface completely with clear water and try removing the stain with an ammonia solution made with 1/2 cup of ammonia mixed with 1 gallon of water.
- Repair and restore the cracks
- After repairs and cleaning process is done your patio has again the potential to become the heart of your backyard space
- For more information watch the videos on youtube
If your existing stone patios look a little tired and you want the best Toronto patios! Do you have cracks in the gaps of your pavers? Stained interlock? Steps or walls getting loose or coming apart? Quite often these problems can be fixed by repairing, restoring, and rejuvenating your stonework, potentially saving you a lot of money. CH Stonework offers a full range of options to repair, restore, and rebuild your existing stonework to make it one of the best patios Toronto.
Have a problem with your stone? Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “How To” in the subject line, tell us how we can help you and try to include a photo.